|High School English/French Program|
To acquire an additional language enriches personal growth and helps facilitate international understanding. Exposure to and experience with language, in all its richness and diversity, opens doors to key questions about life and learning.
Our High School Language B Program is based on the usage of English/French to:
- Communicate and listen to others.
- Learn language through cultural awareness.
- Learn how language works.
Literature is an important element in Language B. The students will experience an international range of classical and contemporary texts. By learning how to approach these texts, students will develop lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Program is achieved by putting into practice language skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing and viewing.
- English Standard Level is for students that need to improve language skills.
- English High Level is for students that show an advanced level of competence in language.
- All students will take French as a third language.
12th grade students will take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at the end of the school year.
Language B encourages students to develop responsible attitudes and find appropriate ways to take action, in order to make a different world.