We provide students with an environment that promotes meaningful learning and reflection through a constructivist approach that fosters the recognition of personal skills, self-knowledge and autonomy. We emphasize intellectual challenge, encouraging students to establish practical connections between their studies and the real world.
What do we do in Middle School?
- We learn by doing and make connections between what we do in the classroom with the rest of the world.
- We study within the framework of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP).
- We study the following subjects: Mathematics, Language and literature, Language acquisition, Sciences, Individuals and societies, Arts, Design and Physical and health education.
- We reinforce English and begin the study of a third language (French or German)
- We have an option for students to take high level mathematics
- We utilize the resources of our library to develop investigation skills.
- We strive to positively influence the lives of people and the environment through our service learning activities.
- We learn to appreciate the Arts through music, theatre and visual art.
- We participate in sports teams after school.
Upon completion of Middle School, students are able to:
- Reflect on their own learning.
- Understand another culture through learning another language.
- More efficiently manage their learning.
- Have a better understanding of other cultures by being international-minded.
- Be empathic with others.
- Have confidence to publicly express themselves.
- Work collaboratively.
- Have a better understanding of oneself.
Because of all of the above, our students move on to high school equipped to face any challenge. They demonstrate that both the academic and emotional aspects of education are equally valuable in their journey to success.
LEARN MORE ABOUT COLEGIO INTERNATIONAL TERRANOVA
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US